Tingalpa is a suburb of Brisbane and forms a part of the Brisbane local government area (it is part of the Doboy local council ward). It is is 10km east of Brisbane CBD and is adjacent to the suburbs of Balmont, Cannon Hill, Hemmant and Manly West. The Royal Mail Hotel opened in 1870 (it is now called The Tingalpa Hotel). The name is believed to be derived from the Aboriginal for 'fat kangaroo'.
The two main retail centres in Tingalpa are the Twin Parks Shopping Centre on Wynnum Road and the big box retail site at the junction of New Cleveland Road and Wynnum Road, which currently houses among other retailers The Good Guys, BCF and Anaconda outlets (it was originally built in 2011 as a site for Masters Home Improvement).
- Population (2016) 8,290
- Private Dwellings (2016) 3,357
- Average People/Household (2016) 2.6
- Median Monthly Household Income (2016) $7,120
- Median Monthly Mortgage Repayment (2016) $1,863
- Average Motor Vehicles/Dwelling (2016) 1.9
- Median Age 37 (2016) – one year younger than national average
- Primary Schools 1